Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Goose attack

Well somehow most likely a raccoon managed to open the top door of the coop we kept the two large geese and killed one and bit the other around 5 times in the head. It seems to be doing okay. We treated the wounds and kept in in the barn for a couple of days for rest. I let it out today and it seemed to be doing fine. She still looks like a mess.

All of the other chicks seem to be doing good. I should have some welsummer eggs coming soon so I need to get the egg hatcher running.

The garden is coming along. I started harvesting the peas and some potatoes should be soon since some of the plants are starting to flower. I can't wait for fresh new potatoes. As soon as it dries enough I will be able to plant some more vegetables and till some more land to plant more pumpkins and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?