Friday, April 21, 2006

Americans commute longer, farther than ever

Americans commute longer, farther than ever




The longest commuter is going from silicon valley to Mariposa CA which is the Sierra Nevada foothills on the way to Yosemite and is one of my favorite areas also. So I can understand why he does this. I do not know if I would be able to do that day to day myself but then again I also have other obligations and that long of a commute would not work. I also do not like to drive that much.

I am told my Grandfather used to commute form New Jersey to his Office in New York. I am not sure how long of a drive that was

I have a commute myself of about 32 miles and it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes. It is a give and take situation since I have animals that would not be allowed in the city.


I have also lived in Honolulu where from where I lived to where I worked was about a 15 minute drive but during high traffic times it could take over an hour or would take 1 1/2 hours by bus. At least most of the drove there were nice drivers. In Haw

aii there were also a lot of workers that lived on some of the other islands and would fly every day to and from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?