Saturday, December 29, 2007

Canary Islands



I was emailed pictures of Canary Islands which are a popular vacation site of Europeans. One of the places I hope to visit.So I went to look to see if I could find the original source. I found this web site that has the pictures with titles. I also looked up the name of the pine trees and some information about them. I hope you enjoy the web site.

Assorted pictures from several trips to the Canary Islands:
- January 1987: Lanzarote
- January 1995: Tenerife
- January 1996: Lanzarote
- April 1998: Gran Canaria
- February 2002: Cruise: Tenerife - Gran Canaria - Lanzarote - La Gomera - La Palma



Pinus canariensis

Common: Canary Island pine
Family: Pinaceae
Origin: Native to Canary Islands
Temperature: Has been severely damaged (even killed) at 10 F. Needles freeze at 20 F.
Light: Full sun
Soil: Most soils, well drained
Water: Aridity tolerant In youth

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?