Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chickens and Geese


I got the geese to the barn in my set up I have using a water trough. It works well and keeps them safe. I put heavy wood and weight on top but for the most part nothing large gets into the barn with the two guard dogs.

I will soon get the chickens out there. They are starting to get feathers and are getting crowed in the box I have them in.

I came up with plans to move the older hens and roosters into the orchards to be with the geese. We have a cement pad out there that used to be for a garage that I will build on. I plan to make it easy to clean and a safe place for the poultry at night. One part of the building will be a tool shed and a section in the back will hold the wood pile. I figured keeping the building to one for three uses will help keep the cost down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?