Saturday, February 18, 2006

Animal Dung for animal control


I saw this article called "Those goats are back, honey -- get the tiger poop" which talks about Australian farmers putting tiger dung around crops to prevent goat damage. This is not a new idea farmers of Ventura County have been doing this for many years to prevent deer damage in their Citrus orchard. Apparently mule tail deer just love to come down from the foothills to the bordering orchards for a snack. The farmers would put lion dung the obtained from the LA zoo to place along the orchards edges.

I have used the same think around my farmette to try to keep coyotes at bay by using fur from my dogs and placing on the edge of the property. Whether it works or not at all I really could not tell you, but it does not hurt, so I do it after grooming the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?