Friday, December 30, 2005

New Years Resolutions


Yeah, it is that time of the year when many people make a list of New Year resolutions. I have never been really into doing this sort of thing but this year I will but mainly because one the my goals is to again read the bible. I was working on it and sort of "fell off the wagon" with that goal. I will again use the book but hopefully I will find the book today since at this moment I cannot locate it. The other I will again start reading is "Readings from Mennonite Writings New & Old", J. Graig Haas, Good Books, intercourse, PA. This book has daily readings that are usually only one page long.

Well, any way, here is a list of the Common New year Resolutions and under it is mine.

Top 10 Most Common New Year Resolutions

1. Lose weight

2. Stop smoking

3. Stick to a budget

4. Save or earn more money

5. Find a better job

6. Become more organized

7. Exercise more

8. Be more patient at work/with others

9. Eat better

10. Become a better person


My New Years Resolutions

1. I Reesolve to make 5 FAT files and learn and study 5 subjects.

You get 5 vanilla folders and read as much as you can on the subject and place in folder. I like to read so I think this will be a goal I can achieve.

A. Goats- learn more about the care of goats

B. Breast Cancer- Since my mother was treated for breast cancer last and this
year I want to learn more about it.

C. Learn as much about another nation as I can. I have not decide which one yet.

D. Family History- I will try to find more information about my Grandfather's
family. He can to the United States with his twin brother from a orphanage
in the Harrlem, Netherlands and I have no information on him or the family.

E. Learn more about Lakenvelders and Welsummers especially for breeding purposes. .

2. I resolve to find a Better Job.

I really like my two jobs but the hours keep getting cut and it is really starting to have a financial effect one me especially for obtaining number 3. I tried to ride the storm since being cut from full time October 1994 but is just keeps getting worse. I have been trying but will not expand my search from Ca and AZ to anywhere.

3.I resolve to keep saving for a car.

I was doing really good putting about $250 dollars a month in the saving for a new car until last October and my hours got cut again. I hope to start saving again . Maybe not as much but at least some. I guess I will have to end up when the time come to just get the motor rebuild since it is 10 years old with around 15,000 miles on it but it is all paid for and has been for the last 5 years. I just do not want to have a loan so I am trying to save. Loans are really against my religious beliefs but you need to have an auto in the US in most places and the places you can live without an auto I think I would go crazy living in a city. I have a credit cards (ipay off each month) and saving plans for retirement that are already make me feel guilty but try renting almost anything her in the US without a credit history and I do not think retiring with 500 dollars a month of social security will cut it.

4. I resolve to do reading as mentioned above each day.

5. I resolve to pray at least once a day.

I sort of "Fell Off the Wagon" with that too. I will try at least one time a day and go from there.

6.I resolve to start working on a Masters Degree even if it only one class this year.

7. I resolve to make lists for daily, weekly and monthly goals.

Well there you are. Wishing you all good luck and a great year for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?