Tuesday, March 08, 2005

March Spring Like Weekend



No man ever was glorious, who was not laborious.

Richard's Almanack-1734

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999

We had a very spring like weekend and I was able to get the garden ready for planting. I put a picture of it on this blog. Nothing growing yet so it only looks like dirt. I got 10 feet of potatoes and about 20 more to put in. I am trying new types this year and will see how they do.

I transplanted onions plants to one area since I rotate the type of plants in the different beds each year to help prevent insect and disease problems. I have been gardening this spot for about two years and the soil is already starting to look very good.

Since I am not from Kansas I still have a learning curve to grow vegetables here.

I also took a picture of one of my Fayoumi hens. They are rather strange as chicken go and almost wild. They are the only chickens I have ever seen going wading in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?