Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday


World Leader Notable Quotables

“The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.”

Queen Victoria
Queen of the United Kingdom, 1837-1901

“Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not.”

Vaclav Havel
Last President of Czechoslovakia, first President of the Czech Republic

“Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you're aboard, there’s nothing you can do.”

Golda Meir

Prime Minister of Israel, 1969-1974

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”

Jawaharlal Nehru
Prime Minister of India, 1947-1964

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

Winston Churchill
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 1940-1945, 1951-1955

“Be ready when opportunity comes. Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet.”

Pierre Trudeau
Prime minister of Canada, 1968-1979




bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

I just went shopping today. It is always a day event since I live 45 minutes from any city. I got another pear tree, apricots tree, strawberries, a blueberry and a raspberry plant. I some got pea seeds since they need to be planted now before it gets too hot here.

I got an email from my bother with this parable so I am going to put in on the bolg.



A woman's parable
One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting
close to a river, her thimble
fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord
appeared and asked,
"My dear child,
why are you crying?"
The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen
into the water and that she
needed it to help her husband in making a living for
their family.
The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up
a golden thimble set with pearls.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.
The seamstress replied, "No"
The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a
silver thimble ringed with sapphires.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.
Again, the seamstress replied, "No."
The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather
thimble.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.
The seamstress replied, "Yes."
The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave
her all three thimbles to
keep, and the seamstress went home happy.
Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her
husband along the riverbank,
and her husband fell into the river and disappeared
under the water.
When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked
her, "Why are you crying?"
"Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!"
The Lord went down into the water and came up with
Mel Gibson.
"Is this your husband?" the Lord asked.
"Yes," cried the seamstress.
The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"
The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It
is a misunderstanding. You see,
if I had said 'no' to Mel Gibson, you would have come
up with Tom Cruise.
Then if I
said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my
husband. Had I then
said 'yes,'
you would have given me all three. Lord, I'm not in
the best of health and would not
be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S
why I said 'yes'
to Mel Gibson."
And so the Lord let her keep him.
The moral of this story is: Whenever a woman lies,
it's for a good and honorable
reason, and in the best interest of others.
That's our story, and we're sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?