Sunday, October 02, 2005

Fall Harvest


I started the fall harvest of the sweet potatoes since they need to be harvested before the fist frost which should be in a week or two. Since I will be working another two weeks straight again I decided to do it this weekend; I wanted to be safe to get it done. I brought in some pumpkins even though they will be okay with a little freeze. The potatoes will be okay if I have to I can cover the beds with hay for them until it get too cold.

I was a little disappointed with the sweet potatoes. I grew some Beaurgard. This is the first time I have attempted to grow them so it is a little of a learning curve for me with sweet potatoes. I will just have to research them more and maybe find a local who grows them to get suggestions. However, I did get some small ones.

Some of the sweet potatoes and pumpkins are pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?