Friday, October 07, 2005

Pelargonium

It is always a hard decisions every fall of what to do with my pelargoniums. This year since it has already started to frost and they are flowering it is an even harder decision. Should I take them inside,do cuttings or just throw them in the trash.

Pelargoniums are perennials that endure light frost but do not survive hard freezes. The common Pelargonium is a what is commonly called a geranium but is not a true geranium. The true geranium is a annual or perennial that can survive winters. I have a bed of these next to my side porch and they are very nice but do not have the big flowers like the Pelargonium.

One nice thing about pelargonium is that they do well in pots and you can grow them in sunny areas of the home. I have them in pots on and around my side porch.

So the debate goes one in my head with this saying. Waste not, Want not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?