Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Winter Care for Herb Garden


We are getting a mild frost this Thursday so that means I will need to get my herbs that cannot survive winter temperatures cared for. My herbs in pots will have to brought inside or put into a protected area for now such as my garden shed. Some of the herbs growing in the garden will need to be dug up, potted in a pot 2”wider than their root ball and taken into my garden shed or indoors.

Some of the herbs can be frozen or dried which I have already done some of them. The cilantro is an herb that does better if frozen in oil. So I will puree the cilantro with olive oil and then freeze then in ice cube trays or bags. Some of the plants I will need to divide such as my sage and marjoram plants.

It is also time to do cuttings on my Hyssop, Southernwood, Lavenders and Curry plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What do you Think?